Saturday, June 7, 2008

Paper work done, needs Notarized

In my recent email from the agency, The following documents need to be filled out using an exact form. All need to be notarized and sent to the state to be apostilled. The tricky thing is some forms we need 2- to go into the Russian referral. Some need a cover letter, like our medical report and the doctors medical license. The cover letter to is say that we swear the following documents are true copy's. And the cover letter is what we get notarized and apostilled. So I spent 5hours today making rough copy's of the following (filled out but not final)
  1. Residence Address Verification
  2. Certificate of Approval Assurance for Post Placement Services & Consulate Registration (2copys)
  3. Petition to conduct a Search for Children Available for Adoption
  4. Consulate Registration Covenant
  5. Post-Placement Covenant-Parents
  6. Prospective Adoptive Parents Registration Form
  7. Adoptive Parents Medical Evaluation Form (2-one for each of us)
  8. Power of Attorney -Vicktorovna in Moscow (2 copy's)
  9. Power of Attorney-Borisovich in Moscow (2 copy's)
  10. Power of Attorney-Georgievna in Moscow (2 copy's)
  11. Financial Statment
I have also filled out our I-600A that will be sent to USCIS (immigration) But I called our office here in SC. They told me they are currently working on applications from February. Thats a 4 month wait! But I'm hoping that we don't need it on our first trip. Only by our final trip. So thats it so far. Seems easy enough. But ya never know what else they are going to want. So out of all those documents I have to have a total of 3 sets of documents notarized and apostilled. Then 2 photo copy's for us. Luckily in our state, its free at the bank to get them notarized and the state only charges $2 bucks a document. SO not bad! I heard that some states charge up to $20 a document. YIKES!


Ok going to lay down, and try to finish up my book!

3 comments:

Joy said...

make sure you take a picture of the apostilled docs. I think it looks so cool!
Joy

PattiL said...

Oh, yeah! I will! Im going to send the first set out next week. then work on the rest, and send them out afterwards. Just when I think I have them all in order, I forget one thing and have to start over! I just send out I-600A. Thats going to take 4 months, so im slowing down on the dossier stuff. Because I do need to have it don in order to travel on first trip. Oh I found out my region. Its Moscow!

Joy said...

I think a bunch of people have adopted from that region. I can not wait to find out which region I will be adopting from.
Joy