Friday, September 12, 2008

Finally the good stuff!

Ok well, I have been able to collect some, not all of my thoughts today. Its almost midnight, and I'm spent. I'm afraid to sleep, like this is all a dream. I have a picture of this little man on my computer, and I stare at it. Wondering, what kind of life he has had. Whats the story with his birth parents..ect. So far. I stare at a picture of a brown eyed little man, who has a smile on his face. Looks content playing in his oversized play pen. In the back of the picture far off in the corner, their is another little boy peeking out from under a box. Just another day in an Orphanage. So I'm thinking of him, and he doesn't even know I exist. Funny how that works.

David and I are going to TRY and keep some normalcy around here. Keep focus of work and things that still have to get done around here. Like another organization weekend, more cleaning, and yard work. But the bonus is that we get to think of what we are going to bring our little guy. So of course I made another list :)

A blanket that we will sleep with so it smells like us,(and 3 wet dogs I'm sure after all this rain)
A disposable camera to leave so the caregivers care take pics if the between trips is longer then expected
Some stacking blocks, to leave and let him play with, when we first met ( no stuffed animals)
A mini photo book, of us, and his new family. ( that is going to be a big book)


Thats all I can think of now. But I did get advice to take a measuring tape with me to help with clothing. And also trace his foot to help with shoe size. Im still holding back on the shopping thing. After the last 2 pregnancy's, I will wait. Its no fun to shop for something (someone) who is not here yet!

Ok got to sleep not, cant think anymore!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Congrats on your referral, HOW EXCITING. I remember getting Logan's referral, I fell in love as soon as I could see just a speck of hair on the computer as I waiting for his picture to load. I hope you travel soon. :0)

One thing we took was bubbles. L was the same age and he loved them. Pack as half as much as you think you need. 2 pairs of pants go a long way on a short trip.

Dawn

Joy said...

I found this shampoo and conditioner that was dry and in a sheet once it hits water it lathers up. I was thinking about trying it. Less weight to carry.
Joy

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I check your blog and am so glad that you got your referral.

Michele

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hey! Congratulations! We took bubbles, too and our son, Aidan, who was 18 months old when we met him for the first time, said "bubbles!" in English! It was so awesome! It was his first English word. . .Now he talks up a storm! : )