Monday, September 29, 2008

Still waiting for travel dates :(

So it has been over 2 weeks since we got our referral. Yes, still waiting for dates. We were told hopefully this week or next. So the main goal is to see him, by the end of the month. Then, have to wait again for a court date. We wish he could be here for the holidays, but I'm sure he wont. Hearing that everything closes for the holidays, and a different times, so our chances are slim. But who knows, maybe this will be easier, than we think. Our agency has given us info, as far as what to do when we get there, who we'll meet, what to do during check-in, getting our US dollars exchanged to rubles (24-25 rubles= $1 us dollar) I think.
I have got great info from the IVFC group, and FRUA. So I know their is a supermarket near our hotel, TGI fridays, ect. Also less than a mile walk to the circle, where we can see the Red Square, and the Kremlin Since we wont have much time on the first trip, those might be the only things we go and see. I have spoken to our IA(international adoption) doctor @ MUSC. She received the pics we sent her that we already have, and so far so good. No severe signs of FAS. She instructed me, what she was looking for in pictures and a video. David and I went and picked out some things to help, like soft toys, stacking cups, crayons, to see how his coordination is. Also have got good tips from other AP's (adoptive parents) I have been getting tons of feedback, that bubbles are a huge hit. The main, things she wants to know, are his measurements (height, weight, head circumference), what words are in his vocab, how many, does he point to things he wants of verbally communicate. Also does he turn to you if calling is name from behind ( hearing issues). So some things and tips to help us get an idea of where he is. Most likely he will be behind, since hes 21months, he can be developmentally in the range of 14-18 months. I know sounds bad, but I was assured by the IA doctor that once home, with proper medical care, right nutrition, positive attachment bonds that we will be amazed at how fast he is growing.

So as we are awaiting dates, we are trying our hand at the Russia language. We sound terrible! And thats just being nice! Also picked up a book on Attachment in Adoption. I really need to do a whole house clean, but can't seem to get in the mood. But since we really are all set with packing, and travel items, I guess I have no choice.






P.S> I think i might have to link the IA doctor my video we take on too my blog. Not really sure on how to send it. I know if I email it I will have gray hair by the time it gets done. So I might slap it on here, just for the day so they can see it, then I have to delete it. Or I'm looking into youtube, I know if I set up an account, I can make it private, and send them the email link. This way it wont come up in the search. Still working on that idea.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Patti,
I when you figure it out please post it so that I know how to do it too. This is one of those things that I thought I would ask once I have a referral.

I got a video camera for Christmas last year and honestly I am still not very good at using it.

PS You have been tagged. I thought by tagging you it might help to take your mind off the the wait at least for 5 minutes. Take a look at my blog for the rules.

Hoping for travel dates for you today or tomorrow!!
Joy

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Patti - you can also set up another blog and protect it by invitation only (our IF blog is private at this point). I did that and posted video, pictures, questions, information, etc for our IA doc in the states to view while we were away.

Just another option, lovely!

I'm SSSSSOOOOOOOOO jazzed for you!

cm