Thursday, October 30, 2008

Leaving to come home empty handed

Today was our last visit with Daniel Alexander L. It was very hard to leave him, but knowing that we have alot to do might pass the time. We are very aware of some attachment problems, hes already showing. I know its early. But the one thing that concerns me is, when you pick him up, hes ok for like a minute, then he throws his head, and arches his back, backwards. Most of the time, Im looking out for the head made of concrete. He has a big head, little body. Still is sick with a cold, you can hear him weezing, and all congested. Still reading my attachment book. Now that we have met him we can get a feel for what we are in store for. He is a big boy too! He can drink out of a big boy cup. Loves to try and figure things out on his own. David and I watched him today, Just to see what he would do. If we didnt pay any attention to him, he went into the next room where our driver/transluater was. Just to get him to play with him. I also want to say, that one of his caregivers, walked in the room while I was video recording him, and she waved, like she didnt want to have her picture taken. Later on when we were leaving she came up to me,and said something with gestures. I had no clue. But I think she wanted to make sure I didnt take her pic. Which i didnt. But Since I had no clue what she was saying she just left. Then I asked my driver, and he talked to her, and I asked him about it, and he said no big deal. So just to let anyone else know, they are alittle (alot) reserved.

Thats all tonight, getting some sleep before we leave for NJ 10-31. I have tons of videos and Pics. Cant wait to show the family. We have our window open to our flat, and pigeons out side next to it. I hear the never ending honk of horns, and busy foot traffic. Its different here, but I still love the USA


3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Patti, I am so sorry that you are sad about leaving him. Love the name!! After reading your post I remembered another post about almost the same thing on Adrienne's blog. Here is the link so that you can read it and pictures too.
http://our-journey-to-parenthood.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-does-he-do-that.html

Take a look!
Joy

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Daniel Alexander! Oh, I can't wait until you can post a picture :)

I'm glad you're reading your attachment book. It's so important.

Safe travels home!

cm

Dawn said...

Love his name. I'm so happy for all 3 of you. The plane ride is definitely worth it :0)

Great to hear your reading your attachment books, like Carla said it is so important for all of you.

Safe travels and I can't wait until you can post some pics.

Dawn