Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Although we will miss out on turkey, green bean casseroles, yummy desserts. We Are going to visit Daniel again today. We were aloud to take him out of the home yesterday to get his passport photos taken. I put some pics up of David and I, out with him. He was so amazed with everything. He was very quite, but took the time to really look at everything. Once we got to the picture studio, I had to put him on my lap in order to get the picture taken. Easier said than done. He was looking all around and was very hard for the lady to get a picture of him facing her and sitting still. But she did and we waited the 10 mins to get them developed. Once back into the car Daniel sat on my lap on the way back. For the 2nd time we heard him cry. I think because it was dark out and all he could hear was horns and see lights but nothing else, he got scared. So I faced him around towards me and just rubbed his little back and rocked him alittle, and was able to get him to calm down.

Once back at the baby home,we still had an hour visit with him left. So as our driver brought him back to get changed, we sat and waited. Well our driver came back with him and we could hear someone talking on the loud speaker. I thought that was weird never heard that before. Well shortly after that, Max came in and said we only had 5 mins left. That we had to leave many police coming. I started to get really scared. You think oh no police, in russia. Your and American. Might not be good. SO since his english is not the best. He put our other translator on the phone to let us know whats going on. She said that someone opened a door, that is to be remained shut. So to make sure nobody stole something or a child, or left a bomb ( her example that really freaked me out) they had to put the baby home on lock down. Many police were coming, and all visitors had to leave now, or else I guess explain why we were there. So I said well when can we take him, will he be safe here. She said yes, its just a precaution. But we are allowed to pick him up on Monday. So we will visit with him today, and again on Sat. Then pick him up for good on Monday. I cant wait! Its starting to get stressful, with visiting him at the home. Way too many toys there. Hes over stimulated, and its hard to make that personal contact with him when theres a million toys there. When we took him out of the home yesterday. I he was just in amazement, but still scared and squeezing our fingers when a horn honked, it felt good that he was able to share his fear with us, and in return let us soothe him.

Since sleep is not easy here because the bed SUCKS! We take our turns with cat naps. As soon as we get back making an appointment with the chiro! I never thought I would say this, but the plane seats are more comforting than this bed and couch!

again Happy thanksgiving. I know we are extremely thankful.

Patti & David

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How nice to hold him so close. I too turned my daughter around during this ride to face me and it seemed to help. You are doing great! Can't wait for Monday!
I don't understand the lock down. If the police were coming to make sure a kid didn't get taken, why would they make people leave before they got there? Odd.
I love reading your posts!
You will be ALL home soon!

Joy said...

I hope everything was okay. I bet you were beside yourself. I am sure that it all worked out. I bet you can not wait to get him for good.
Joy

Ross Family said...

He is just beautiful! Congratulations!

Michele