Sunday, November 23, 2008

He Remembers Us!

So our flight was good. We got in to Moscow @11:20am, with all our luggage. Vlad met us again, took us to get photo copies, for our visa registration, also took me to exchange currency. It felt so good to be back knowing this time we were leaving with our little man. After we checked into our apartment, we walked down the street, near the Arbat tourist shopping section. Stopped at a corner store to get milk, butter(it took a REALLY good guess for that it was right next to the cheese) bread, eggs and water. Also some deli meats. Not a big place more like a quick stop. Then got back to our apartment and started to unpack our clothes and get settled in. But once I tried the internet it wasnt working. So I tried the phone as well and I couldnt make international calls. Since I had to call the manager any way and let her know we were here so they could pick up our copies to register our visa's I told her about the problems. Well I think she just thought I couldnt read directions ( sometimes i cant) So turns out they mixed up the wrong instructions page and internet page with the apartment they also rent down stairs. So long story short I can spread my love and joy with all my family and friends!

Now on to Daniel!


When our driver, went in to go get Daniel and bring him out to us, I could here his little feet RUNNING! We saw him down the hall way, and he remembered us! Let us pick him up right away, give him kisses. he came back to us when we put him down. We played in the room, David picked him up, and went right towards the window, and he just stared making all kinds of sounds. Pointing at the pigeons, saying awww! Loud too. We made the most connection with him today then any other day. He was very active. But I made sure there were only a few toys he could get his hands on to. This way it wasnt too much stimulation, and we could focus, on the 3 of us and 3 toys. Its so hard to describe our meeting with him today. But it couldn't have been more perfect! I just can't believe how much he came to us, and let us pick him up, and the kisses, were bittersweet. He so much wanted our attention. And we were more than willing to give it too him.

Court is tomorrow. The judge will decide our fate. If she wants this child to have a home and a family life, like a child should then there is no reason to worry. Tomorrow will be alot of firsts for everyone in our family. We will become Parents, our parents will become grandparents. Davids grandmother will be a great grandmother. Sisters, aunts -brothers, uncles. Aunts will be come great aunts. (sorry aunt Jackie, great aunt means wonderfull not old!) Not only does it change our life, but everyone in our family, that prayed for us through all the IVF process, the miscarriages, and this adoption process. I know that i have many friends, family and other Adopters, and adoptees out there reading this. My message to those who have do this adoption process, thank you for all of your prayers, and helpful information on what you went through. It got us to where we are now,with your knowledge. .....

And to those in waiting....
It hurts me to know that you are still waiting to feel this joy, happiness that I have right now. But when you are, remember have far you have come. Because once that child is in your arms and giving you kisses, it makes that wait just a distant memory. We're still praying for you.

I pray the court goes well, and I can plaster his face all over this blog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just read your blog for the 1st time! And there you are! In Russia! YEAH! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Remember, the court date at this point is just a formality. They wouldn't have let you come this far if they weren't going to approve you. I know all the paper work, tons and tons. You've made it!!!
Safe journeys, remember to breath!

Laura said...

Been lurking on your blog for awhile now...and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for you guys! We're in the waiting stage for Trip #2 and can't wait to feel the joy you are experiencing. I'm thinking good thoughts for your big court date and look forward to seeing pics of your little man real soon. Best wishes! :)

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Girl, you deserve this joy and happiness in ways that many of us will never understand. I am SO SO thrilled for you.

Can't wait to hear it's official!

cm

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast things are moving now! Sorry we missed your call! It must be so exciting for you both. I'm elated that Danny remembered you...he sounds so sweet. We are taking good care of your canine babies; they also are very sweet. Thanks for reassurance,
too...
Great Aunt Jackie

Joy said...

What wonderful news. I can not believe that you are already back to pick up your little man. I can not wait to see his face too!
Joy