Wednesday, November 19, 2008

FBI Nightmare


Well the title should say it all! Long story short, the FBI clearances were not coming on Tuesday. They were "still being processed" is what they told me everytime! So I put an S.O.S. message on FRUA. They said to call my Senator. I did I called Lindsay Graham's office and a nice staff member (Bill) helped me, even at 6pm! He made calls that night to the FBI, and again yesterday morning. So When I called the FBI, they said they were pulling it and processing it, and will TRY to send it out yesterday if not today. Well even my father in law called, and he didn't even have to say my name and they told him the same thing. So I'm sure they heard alot of me, the senators office, and my FIL. As my FIL was going to the FEDEX location to talk to a supervisor there to ask if thwy could hold it off the truck and we would pick it up, so we could drive it to Columbia, SC to be apostilled. The FBI called me, said they just fedex it out and gave me the tracking number! As I write this I am tracking it and it is in West Columbia heading to Myrtle Beach!

The very 2 last important items I need in order to get into Russia, My passports, and our Court documents should be in my hand in a few short hours. I was a wreck on Monday, just upset that this trip might be canceled because of a damn FBI clearance! We have no record, plus when I got them done in July it took less than a week to get back! Go figure!

This adoption is a family affair! Everyone help and played their part in order to get us to him, and to get him to us. The weight will be completely lifted once we get off that final plane in Myrtle Beach on 12-13-08. No more planes, no more paper work, no more distance between us and our son. Just having him home and getting him adjusted to us, his new life and his new home. We will finally have the family we have waited almost 6 years for!


This is a picture from our wedding day! Our anniversary is on the day we fly out to Russia
Happy anniversary David 6 years of marriage but 10years of love!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I am so happy for you. I bet you can hardly sleep!
Joy