Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting better each day


Its an adjustment for us all. Daniel learning about being in a family, and his parents. Us learning him, and what triggers his powerful emotions of the word no! I dont know how many times I have said it about his head pounding the ground when he cant have something.Its soo hard to watch him do it. I knew it was coming today when David left to meet Vlad, and go get the passport stuff done. Hes very playful with David but not me. I think it might be due to the caregivers. Usually men, they are afraid of, so we heard. But since I do the cooking and changing, I'm afraid he see's me as them. So when he left it was of course tears, and head hitting the floor, and arching his back. I could not hold him to soothe him let him know it was ok. I put him in his playpen, to cushion the head trauma. Let him cry it out. And ask him if he wanted up with my hands out and he did. Went looking for David, and I took his mind off, by playing with all our shoes. He would pick each one up give it to me, them put them back. Occupied him for about an hour. Then fed him some applesauce. And was about to put him down for a nap and daddy came home. Let daddy play with him, and tried again with the nap, but he was just not tired. The couple that is here staying the next building over, whom adopted the cutiest little girl, April, Dan and Ava called and they were going out for dinner on Arbat. I really wanted to take him out and get out of this shoe box myslef, but wasnt sure david was up for it. But he was ate some really good pizza. Daniel just sat in his stroller, quite most of the time looking at everything. Then pointing, I think even checking out some girls! We put him down for bed at 8. Hes sleeping like a baby. Hes out almost all night.

Tomorrow maybe the medical doctor will come and check daniel for the embassy. And the passport should be ready on monday or tues. Then then Embassy stuff should be done I pray by thursday. Friday we pack, Saturday we leave to go home! YAY! God I cant wait to be home!

Leaving a picture if my favorite time! Its when he looks so peaceful and safe!

2 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Patti - it is much more difficult for them to trust and relax with women. They're used to be abandon by women. Men are novel. I know it's hard to not take it personally, but little man is expressing his emotion and that ist he healthiest thing he could be doing!

Hugs to you - cm

Shane & Marie said...

Bryson was the same way with Shane. He just adored him. It took longer for Bryson and I to warm up to each other. Glad that each day is getting easier. It is definitely an adjustment for everyone.