Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know I'm about an hour early but this is the most that I can handle! I'm happy that 2008 is over! Now every year from here on after will be filled with memories that David and I have been dreaming about almost our whole time together. Everyday he learns a little more, lets us give him more love, and he shows us more love. He played with our friends little 5 year old daughter tonight, even though he is behind with his speech. He did not skip a beat in play and wearing him self out. We left 2 hours after his bed time, and as soon as he hit his car seat he was counting sheep! I was afraid that when I picked him up from the car seat he would start freaking out, but he put his head on my shoulder and kept sleeping until i had to put him down to get him into his pj's. I really dont feel and major red flags yet with attachment. Only and orange flag with food. I say orange, because each day hes slowing down when eating having fun, and willing to mimic mommy while eating. ANd Be silly. When he does get upset or mad, and starts crying we pick him up and put him on the couch, and let him cry it out. And dont pay attention to him, by giving in. He comes off the couch when hes done crying and then its like it never happened. Its working for now.


Happy New Year Again!
Be safe
Patti

1 comment:

Kris said...

Happy 1st new year together! Each year begins a new jounrey together as a family, enjoy!!!