Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One year passes, what a change


Well on February 5th will be a year since our last pregnancy ended. We lost our conjoined twin girls Hope & Faith. It was on this day we made our decision on adoption. Its wasn't a hard choice, it brought us through our own journey, that is ours alone to this little cutie. My fear of never having my own family is long gone. I am now a mother, to a child that is alive and thriving. He depends on David and I and we both could not have been more happier with our choice one year ago, in the hospital. I know I have hear this phrase a zillion time " happens for a reason". Well now I can be at peace with why our losses happened. But as each dreadful year passes. I can have validation with Daniel here. Because each year he will be growing and doing things, making his mark in our lives that we are forever grateful for. So today's post is in honor of Hope & Faith. Our little angels together with Aubrey and Ryan, keeping our family under there tiny wings. Mommy and Daddy Miss you!

2 comments:

Hunter and Michael said...

So glad such an amazing adoption happened, despite the long journey to Daniel.
I don't think we will ever forget the day we decided to adopt. There is something special about that day for everyone, no matter what brought us all there.

How is the house hunting going?

David Lesko said...

Here we are 14yrs later and still reassured every day that this was our path to being parents. It sucks we had to find out the hard way though I love our little family and Daniel is the reason I am a father and you are a mother. There is no doubt in my mind that we we're meant to be Daniel's parents.