Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Praying for Matt.


Just wanted everyone to keep my 15 year old cousin in there prayers. He is in an induced coma, from a skate boarding accident. They had to go in and cut a window through his skull to drain the blood and fluid. Its been 3 days and he is now battling a fever. We are praying he can make it through these next couple days and they can take him out of his coma, and get him started with rehab in a couple weeks. I can't even imagine how my aunt is dealing.

Daniel is doing well his first speech therapy visit is today. So I'm excited to see how Daniel handles it. I'll post a pic and video up of Daniel I took yesterday. He received some good puzzles to help with his hand coordination and colors and shapes. He can pretty much master it, but as soon as I turn the camera on he gets alittle goofy. His aunt Kristy and Uncle Joe got it for him at christmas time, but since his room was so small I never left it out for him to play with by himself. Just played together with them. Now he has mastered them, and going to pick up some alphabet and numbers puzzles. In the video he is saying no. Now he can say no, and open doors! UGH!

I didnt post yet about the Judge from Moscow coming in to visit our agency and they wanted to meet a family. Since we are the closest family, she can to visit us. It was our judge from our adoption. She remembered us! Asked questions, was very pleased to here that we have already registerd him with the Russian consulate and have completed our first PPR. I was very surprised to see Daniel be so shy. He brought out his toys and made a B-line past everyone and can right to me. The judge noticed how well he was bonding with us, and welcomed us to come back any time. Her words were we were "young, come back anytime". I told her we did want to come back for a little girl. But dont know if that is ever in our future. If not , happy with Daniel he is an amazing little boy.

Still praying for Joy and Ann, for their smooth and speedy adoption.

1 comment:

Shane & Marie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.