Friday, December 12, 2008

Last day in Moscow!


Things I will miss:
  • the city life
  • the electric trolleys
  • The Kremlin, and its beautiful cathedral's
  • New Arbat st
  • Staring at he Russian White house from my Apartment
  • the time we have spent here with Daniel
  • exploring with April and Dan and little Ava
This I will not miss:

  • The sounds of police cars out our window all the time
  • the maintenance man coming to fix leaks (and shutting off the water while I was in the shower)
  • The constant running out to get water, for drinking and cooking
  • Not understanding russian when someone comes up and talks to. (I truly wonder what they are saying)
  • The cold gloomy weather. I saw the sun twice while we were here.
  • the uncomfortable bed and couch
  • the tiny shower
  • the smelly bathroom from sewer gas, yuk!
  • the tiny washer and no dryer ( note: line drying your bathroom towels become stiff and like sand paper with no fabric softener)
I cant wait to sleep in my own bed, see my doggies. Eat some chinease food, (not sushi). Be able to let Daniel go out side and play, and get out all his energy. Be able to take a drive, and watch Grey's Anatomy. Catch up on some work, I hate leaving stuff lagging behind. But most of all be able to see family and talk to family in the same time zone (and Amy 1 hour behind) Enjoy christmas. Last year I was preggo with Hope and Faith our conjoined twin girls. Glad to not be preggo and worry about their little lives. Now its just giving and enjoying the life and Daniel who is here living and breathing, and tons of energy.

Next post should be when we are home! I miss South Carolina! I posted a Picture Of Murrells Inlet SC

4 comments:

Christine and Darren said...

I remember the feeling of finally getting home after 44 days in Ukraine. It really makes you appreciate everything that much more. Daniel is a sweetheart! Have the best Christmas EVER!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh, the coming home part is so great! Nothing like it. I'm so happy you are coming home. Safe travels and many blessings!!!

Joy said...

Being away is nice but coming home is better.
Good luck!
Joy

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! Thinking of you often :) This Christmas will be one that is never forgotten. What an amazing time.... Congrats!
Stacey